1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

That is correct! And now the turn is yours.
  2. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

OK...

1) I am mocked for my appearance.

2) I discover I'm not the only one who looks ridiculous.

3) My new friends and I save the Birthday Girl.
  3. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I may have to look this one up. For now, I'm stumped again.
  4. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Elmer Elephant--I have a Disney book which featured a bunch of stories based off classic cartoons and movies--that one was in it. May have to watch this short soon now.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Elmer Elephant it is!

1) At Tillie Tiger's birthday party the other animals make fun of Elmer's trunk.
    2) A lanky giraffe tells Elmer that he used to be laughed at too, but he ignored it. He points Elmer to three pelicans, who do a Jimmy Durante impression to demonstrate their fumy noses.
    3) With the help of the giraffe and the pelicans, Elmer uses his trunk to put out the fire that is consuming Tillie's tree house, and rescue her.

Go, Glow!
  6. Glowworm

Yeah, watched the short afterwards--and it's downright adorable--except for Joey the Hippo--he was kind of creepy.

Here's one I just have to do.
    1. I am a crappy villain.
    2. My name is a play on a well known Arnold Schwarzenegger character.
    3. My real name (as in my civilian one--not my villain one) is also a term for a potty.
  7. emeraldisle

I'll really need to put on the old thinking cap for this one.
  8. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

This must be the Code Name: Kids Next Door villain the Toilenator. He's not much of a threat, and his outfit seems slap-dashed together, as if he'd been given short notice and only a few minutes to become a cartoon villain.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Glowworm

Yes, it's the Toilenator From Code Name: Kids Next Door--believe it or not, he apparently has a backstory in an official Code Name:Kids Next Door comic(Something I just found out when making sure my clues lined up correctly with the character)--so the toilet theme isn't as random as one would think.

Anyhow let's look at the clues:
    1. Both literally (hence the use of the word "crappy" as he is toilet themed) and physically, the Toilenator is a walking joke. Operatives mock him and fellow villains avoid him to the point of attempting to give him false directions when it comes to invitations to meetings and events.
    2. The name Toilenator sounds a lot like the Terminator--if only he was cool like him...
    3. His real name is Lou--and as we all know, loo is a British term that means the toilet.
  10. oneuglybunny

Nice. And a little something I've discovered: today, the waste disposal device is called a toilet; however, a century ago, it was called a commode, while a toilette was a ladies' makeup and beauty cabinet. When this cabinet had a mirror added, it was renamed a vanity. Further, eau de toilette or toilet water was scented oil diluted in water, meant to act like an air freshener to mask the smell of peroxide and carbolic acid and other odoriferous compounds that were common in cosmetics at the time.

Enough of that; let's toy with a real cartoon character.

1) This character has appeared in a regularly televised cartoon series that lasted two seasons.

2) Well before The Legend of Korra, this female character has superpowers, and joins a band of heroes in saving the galaxy.

3) At first, there's no indication that this character can fight; her role seems to be limited to intelligence gathering. A dramatic change comes later in the first season, and this character goes eye-to-eye with one of the principal villains.
  11. saltyboot

I'm going to have to think about this.
  12. emeraldisle

I'll have to look this one up, too. I'm as stumped as stumped can be.
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  13. oneuglybunny

Such a nice character shouldn't be a stumper; let me fix that.

4) Remember how Charlie Townsend used to speak with his "Angels" via a speakerphone on Charlie's Angels? This character does the same thing, but with a Star Wars type of hologram added. Of course, her team of heroes aren't called "angels."

5) Walt Disney Pictures is famous for their princesses. This character is not from Walt Disney or any of its holdings. Instead, she's an actual queen, but living in exile after a revolution on her home world. Happily, she gets her planet back in the second season.

6) Candi Milo.
  14. emeraldisle

Aha! Those last three clues clinched it for me. It's Zadavia, from "Loonatics Unleashed." :)
  15. oneuglybunny

Well done, Loonatics ... er, EmeraldIsle. This is Zadavia from Loonatics Unleashed, which ran from autumn 2003 to spring 2004. She's got superpowers: Zadavia used them when tangling with her megalomaniac brother. The first episodes have Zadavia holo-phoning in assignments for the Loonatics. It's not until she has to tangle with Optimatus that Zadavia shows up in person, wrestling with him for control of a wormhole generator. And Zadavia started out ruling planet Freleng with her brother. When Optimatus developed a conquer-them-all mindset, Zadavia was compelled to flee to Acmetropolis. Fortunately, the siblings reconcile when Optimatus discovers he was being used by an ambitious general. Voice provided by Candi Milo, and I suspect modeled upon her as well, except for the blonde hair.

Good for you, EI, that'll add another +1 and control of the board. Just my theory here, but Loonatics Unleashed fails as a continuation of the Looney Tunes franchise, but succeeds as an action-comedy series if treated as a whole 'nother franchise.
  16. emeraldisle

Actually, the show aired from 2005-2007. But thanks, anyway, OUB. Now for my latest clues:

1. We're a simian couple.

2. We were animated just once, after appearing in a successful series of live-action films, plus a short-lived live action TV show that aired forty years ago.

3. Our animated series is arguably the darkest one from its studio.
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  17. emeraldisle

Thought these characters would be easy. Ok, here are the last three clues:

4. Our whole franchise, including the current reboot, is based on a sci-fi novel.

5. But neither of us are in the films from 2011 and 2014.

6. We're part of a large society of intelligent primates.
  18. saltyboot

I've never seen the movies or heard of this series, but I'll guess it's Cornelius and Zira?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. emeraldisle

By George, she's got it! By George, she's got it! Cornelius and Zira it is indeed.

1. Self-explanatory.

2. There were five "Planet Of The Apes" movies released between 1968 and 1973, plus the live-action TV show from 1974.

3. The animated series "Return To The Planet Of The Apes" was clearly the darkest one from Depatie-Freleng, and the first from that studio that wasn't played for laughs.

4. The original novel that spawned all this was written by Pierre Boule.

The last two clues are also self-explanatory, but that doesn't mean they won't be seen in the future.

So you're up again, Saltyboot. Great job! :)
  20. saltyboot

Thanks! I wasn't sure on the characters but decided to chance it. Glad I did.

I'm the main antagonist.
    I'm the protagonist's rival for a lady.
    I only care about money and hunting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.