1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Perhaps this is Dr. Girlfriend from Venture Brothers?
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

No, not her either. In fact, I know nothing about her, having never seen VB.
  3. Glowworm

I know very little about it myself, except that the character is a sexy woman who talks like a man--but is apparently a woman.
  4. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

One of these times, I gotta get one right: this is Ursula, significant other to George Of The Jungle. George is a complete, bald parody of the Tarzan movies, and Ursula is the grounded and sensible parallel of Jane. Because George is so stupefyingly stupid, he routinely mistakes Ursula for a guy, once referring to her as "fella who never shave." And George's theme song specifically mentions in the last bar: "Friend to you and me" as the couplet to "Watch out for that tree!"
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

That's the song! I knew clue 3 was from a song but my mind went completely blank.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. emeraldisle

Good job, OUB! :) You nailed it but good. So it's your turn now.
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. oneuglybunny

Wonderful. :) Okay, in view of where I am right now, this character seems appropriate. ;)

1) This character has appeared only once to date in an animated feature film. Specifically, a Disney animated film, and one without a "princess" in it. A cute girl, yes; a Disney princess, though: nope.

2) This character is male, and is called only by his last name by most of the other characters, except for his paramour. She calls him by his middle name, which fills him with a certain dread.

3) Electronics are this character's specialty, though no accredited school would ever teach principles of circuitry the way this character does it.
  8. emeraldisle

I'd have to look up all the Disney films to find the right one.
  9. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

I'm definitely going to need some more clues. I don't have the slightest idea.
  10. Glowworm

I'm not 100% sure on this one either--a Disney movie featuring electronics and no princess does sound like a tough one...
  11. oneuglybunny

Huh, nobody got this one? I must be doing something right. But let us be mystified no longer:

4) This character is a good guy, really. Try not to notice that he's pretty much a street rat, scrounging and thieving for a living. Hard times, y'know?

5) The first time this character meets the female of his dreams, he's instantly smitten. She ... takes one look at him, and cuts him down to the bone. This dynamic changes, of course, over the course of the story.

6) Only the most awesome driving skills of this character saves himself and his close associates from a horrible doom. Made more impressive in view of exactly what he was driving, and well as where. And without a valid New York driver's license, to boot. That last point, though, should come as no surprise.
  12. saltyboot

Would this be Tito the chihuahua from Oliver and Company?
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. oneuglybunny

Why, yes. Yes, it would. (Georgette smile) This is Ignacio Alonzo Julio Frederico de Tito, the hotwired chihuahua from Disney's Oliver & Company, his only appearance so far. The girl is Penny Foxworth, and though the child of wealthy Manhattan parents, she's not a princess. In fact, Disney has never suggested that Penny could be a Disney Princess. Tito is called Tito by everyone in Fagan's ragtag band; only Georgette calls him Alonzo, and when she does, Tito panics and runs. Yes, it is possible to operate an electronic device by shorting two or more wires together, however only Tito, a chihuahua, does so by using his teeth as a clamp and saliva as the contact medium. (Yowch)

Tito and the other dogs clearly sustain themselves by scrounging and hustling and outright thievery. It's not a pretty subsistence. Tito recites his full name when he introduces himself to Georgette the show poodle. She responds with: "Get away from me, you little bug-eyed creep!" And over he falls. And it was Tito at the controls of the ersatz scooter in the subway tunnel, rather than Fagan. Somehow, Tito gets the whole vehicle and its passengers off the tracks and onto the suspension cable in time. That's one mighty chihuahua. (DXM)

Point to Saltyboot and control of the Board. Congrats on putting the puzzle pieces together to consolidate a correct conclusion. :)
  14. saltyboot

Thanks OUB!

I'm not a main character in my TV series.
    In the series, I have my own TV show.
    I'm always seen with my costume on. (There is one exception)
  15. emeraldisle

Sorry, but I can't put my finger on this guy.
  16. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I think it must be Krusty the Clown.
  17. saltyboot

Nope, not Krusty. But you're on the right track. These next clues should do it.

The creator of the series claimed that I was based on a real life TV character.
    I was briefly seen reporting the news. Very briefly.
    My costume comes complete with wings and a stinger.
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2014
  18. emeraldisle

Just found it. It's The Bumble Bee Man.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. saltyboot

Yep, that's the one.

Bumblebee Man is on The Simpsons and he has a TV show.
    The only time he is seen without this costume on is in the episode, 22 Short Films About Springfield.
    Bumblebee Man was based on a real TV character, El Chapulín Colorado.
    He pushed Kent out of the way and started reporting the news in Bart Gets Famous.

You're up!
  20. emeraldisle

Thanks, Salty. Now here's one I decided to post out of the clear blue:

1. I appear in the second half of a short "conducted" by a Looney Tunes "veteran."

2. When some cygnets and I are caught by a vulture, I'm rejected 4F!

3. The music played in my segment was later used in a classic sci-fi movie.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.