1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Clear blue--as in the Blue Danube? :) This would be the small Daffy Duck-like duckling from "A Corny Concerto."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Bravo, Glowworm! You got it! :) The black duckling it is. Now for the clues:

1. "A Corny Concerto" was "conducted" by Elmer Fudd, as he took on Deems Taylor's role from "Fantasia."

2. When the vulture catches some cygnets, that is, baby swans, he also takes the duckling, but rejects him as an unsuitable meal. 4F was a wartime term for unfit soldiers.

3. "The Blue Danube" was one of several classical pieces used for the sci-fi movie "2001: A Space Odyssey."

Your turn now.
  3. Glowworm

Elmer completely wrecking his tuxedo always left me in stitches as a kid. There's just something really funny about underwear.

1. I have been in two shorts.
    2. I am a little guy who depends upon the help of a popular character.
    3. In my first short I first appear waddling around naked, so the main character decides to accessorize me.
  4. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Aha, this is Little Quacker from the Tom and Jerry series of cartoons produced by MGM Studios by animation stalwarts Joe Barbera and William Hanna. The first cartoon has LQ thinking that he's hideously ugly, and Jerry tries to beautify him to keep him from moping morosely. The second cartoon has him stolen from the nest while still in the egg by a hungry Tom. LQ escapes, and finds an ally in Jerry Mouse, who tries to reunite LQ with his mother. And wasn't there a third one, where LQ hatches, sees Tom, and thinks that cat is his mother? This one, I think, is one of the more touching ones in the series, right up there with "The Night Before Christmas."
  5. Glowworm

Nope, and a long time back, I actually used Little Quacker--he's already on the list. Also, Little Quacker has been in more than just two shorts--and more than just three--I think there were seven shorts altogether--including one where he's a wild duck and has the coloring of a mallard--"The Duck Doctor"
  6. oneuglybunny

Oh, yes, back in the very first thread ever, from the old Gossamer forum. First posed in post #1469, and identified by cartoonfan4ever in post 1473. This was your 34th mystery character posted for us toonists to solve. Pardon me if I neglect to consult the list when replying; I have this odd, catlike tendency to pounce first, figure out what I've gotten afterward. :shame:

Aha, did the proper checking ... this is Playboy Penguin, who appeared alongside Bugs Bunny in two Warner Brothers' cartoons: "Frigid Hare" and "8 Ball Bunny."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Glowworm

Yeah, I have a pretty killer memory when it comes to stuff like that.

Yeah, this is Playboy Penguin.

1. The shorts are "Frigid Hare" and "8 Ball Bunny"
    2. In the first short, Bugs rescues him from an Eskimo, and the second short has Bugs trying to take the little guy back home--spoiler--it's not the South Pole.
    3. The little guy is first seen waddling around--without the tiny bow tie and top hat. He gets those from Bugs.
  8. oneuglybunny

Good character, little used but still memorable. Bravo. Now I need one that's "memorable." Well, from an untapped vein, anyway.

1) This character has appeared in a regularly televised animated series. Cable and satellite channels only, never on "rabbit-ears" broadcast.

2) Much like The Tick or Captain Hero, this character is a parody of the superhero genre: a spandex-clad wonderball that battles peculiar perpetrators which any competent police force could apprehend.

3) As overdone and preposterous as this parody is, this character is based on an actual living person (at this moment), known for portraying a similarly haywire character.
  9. emeraldisle

Sorry, but I haven't a single clue.
  10. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

I don't have the slightest idea. Guess I'll have to wait for the next batch.
  11. oneuglybunny

Fine, enough teasing; time to ice this Mystery Character.

4) For one thing, this character is female. Definitely. Most very very definitely. Her breezy outfit provides plenty of proof of that.

5) Oh, and the real world actress that serves as this character's inspiration / model? She also provides the character's voice. Which makes this character pretty much an idealized avatar of this actual person.

6) Marvel Comics' former editor-in-chief Stan Lee has thought up a battalion of super-powered wonderballs in his day, and that includes this one. However, it was not Marvel Animation that produced this series.
  12. FluidGirl

Well, as usual, I'm completely stumped. Argh!
  13. emeraldisle

Not I. I had no trouble finding her. Stripperella!

1. "Stripperella" only aired on Spike TV here in America, and also on cable and satellite overseas.

2. She's a parody, all right.

3. She's modeled on Pamela Anderson of "Baywatch" fame.

The last three clues are self-explanatory, though I couldn't find the studio that produced it.
  14. oneuglybunny

Precisely, this is Stripperella, produced by indie studio The Firm for Spike TV, as Spike Productions bankrolled it. Voiced by Pam Anderson, modeled on her as well, right down to the "tramp stamp." That's good for another +1, and control of the board. :)
  15. emeraldisle

Thanks, OUB. Since I'm now enroute to my sister's wedding, I decided on these clues:

1, We're the only married couple in a diverse septet.

2, Although we both have names, we're never called by them in any of the theme songs.

3, We're also fabulously wealthy.
  16. FluidGirl

FINALLY! An easy one! Well, for me, anyway. Mr. and Mrs. Thurston Howell III, from "Gilligan's Island," which at one point, was made into an animated series. Could also be from "Gilligan's Planet."
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. emeraldisle

Great going, Fluidgirl! It's the Howells, all right.

Now for the clues:

1. Self-explanatory, especially for those who've seen both the live action and animated versions.

2. In the original show, as well "The New Adventures Of Gilligan," and "Gilligan's Planet," they're simply called the millionaire and his wife.

3. Also self-explanatory.

So take a bow, and your turn. You've earned it. :)
  18. FluidGirl

Now for my character. Apparently, this vein hasn't been tapped yet, according to the list:

1. My show only lasted for 13 episodes

2. I'm an excellent gardener

3. On the island where I live, everything is mix of two different things, from the inhabitants, to the food.
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2014
  19. emeraldisle

This is one I really can't figure out.
  20. FluidGirl

Just fixed a typo in clue #2. Sometimes I don't notice them when I type.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.