1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

I don't have the foggiest notion, either.
  2. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

4. I was a mascot for a well known beer company.
    5. I am an animal generally considered to be cute.
    6. As mentioned, I go after beer in a terrifying manner--something you'd see in a horror film.
  3. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Just found the answer, but I'll wait and see if someone else gets it.
  4. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

So, going through a listing of beer brewery mascots threw up the Hamm's Beer bear. No idea if he has a name. I'm told the product was ... substandard, thus the brewery is currently kaput.
  5. emeraldisle

Guess I'll answer after all. It's the Bud Ice Penguin.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Glowworm

Yes, it's the Bud Ice Penguin. I was certain this penguin was animated but I wasn't certain due to the fact that the commercials are all live action.

1. Most of the commercials involving the penguin have a thriller like setting. There is one where a couple keeps receiving phone calls asking how their Bud Ice is--and when the police trace the number, they discover that the calls are coming from inside the house. Another one has an unaware driver discovering from another frantic couple in a car that he has the penguin sitting in the back seat of his car. How the penguin got in there in the first place--who knows.

2. The penguin is doing this for beer.

3. The song in question is "Strangers in the Night" The penguin's catchphrase is "Doobie Doobie Doo."

4. Anheuser-Busch is still around--and they still make Bud Ice-- but the penguin is no longer their mascot because Munsingwear Men’s wear company demanded that the penguin stop being used because they had a similar penguin as their mascot--although I highly doubt that that one stole beer.

5. Penguins are adorable--but for some reason, they keep being made into strange psychopaths.

6. As I mentioned in clue one--most of the penguin's antics were much like stuff out of a horror film.
  7. emeraldisle

Thanks, Gloowrom. Now here's one who's definitely gone untapped:

1. I owe my special ability to my hat.

2. I'm accompanied by a wonder dog, but not the one from "Super Friends."

3. My adversary is rotten to the core.
  8. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Oh... Now I remember the Bud Ice Penguin. I completely forgot about him until I looked him up.
  9. Glowworm

I do know this one afterall--but I want to give someone else a turn--and I do have a Jewish New Year to celebrate.
  10. saltyboot

I'm not sure on this one, but I've been really busy and haven't have the time to research.
  11. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

OK - if everyone else is busy I'll sneak in and steal a point! It's Tom Terrific.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. emeraldisle

Absolutely right, Pete!

1. He's able to change into anything by using a funnel-shaped hat.

2. He's accompanied by Mighty Manfred, the Wonder Dog.

3. His main adversary is Crabby Appleton--rotten to the core.

So you go again, Pete. Good job. :)
  13. peterhale

Well, how about this character...

1) I'm the Second-in-Command of the invading army.
    2) Communicating with my Chief is a tricky business, as he doesn't take "Yes" for an answer. At the end of the film, however, he has a change of heart.
    3) I habitually cringe in anticipation of his wrath.
  14. emeraldisle

This is another that I can't answer. Hopefully, someone else knows this guy.
  15. oneuglybunny

Ooh, I almost have this one: it's one of the Blue Meanies that invade Pepperland in Yellow Submarine. The Supreme Meanie asks if all the battalions are ready, and his Number Two says "Yes." Supreme roars at him that he hates yes men and all their yessiness, to which Number Two replies "no" to every battalion named. If you'll give me a minute, I think I can look him up on IMDb ... which is Max, to be specific.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. peterhale

You nailed it, OUB - Max it is! Over to you....
  17. oneuglybunny

Dang, sir, that was a fun one; thanks for the chortling. :D And now to find someone from an untapped source. A-ha! Gotcha ...

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated series by a significant studio. Id est, a studio known for multiple series and usually reliable production timeliness. It's not Walt Disney Studios, just to narrow the field.

2) One would expect this character to be hated and feared by the townsfolk, but he's not. He actively tries, in fact, to sunder the stereotype.

3) Normally, this character receives hails and accolades and the occasional gift, and he's delighted and polite and gracious about it. With one horrible exception, however. One gift in particular results in doom, disaster and destruction. Followed by guilt galore and sincere apologies.
  18. emeraldisle

I figure it's a Hanna-Barbera character, but I can't be sure if it's the one I'm thinking of.
  19. saltyboot

I don't know this one. I'll wait for the next set of clues.
  20. oneuglybunny

Well, surprise on me, I thought this one would be tagged in a New York minute. No prob, I'll whip a second set o' clues. :)

4) The pie-in-the-face gag has been around so long, it's almost cliché, but not quite. This character receives a pie in the face; several times, in fact. Yet, he's perfectly okay with this, even enjoying the taste and identifying the filling.

5) One theory as to why this character goes haywire at the sight of one particular item is that it's an allergic reaction. Except that instead of breaking into a rash or a sneezing fit, this character sunders almost everything around him. However, there is one episode that indicates that the berserker mode is the result of a curse, laid on him by his own father, who wanted his son to be less a sissy and more menacing.

6) And, regrets to EmeraldIsle, but this character is not a product of Hanna-Barbera Studios, either. :oops:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.