1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Spot on, Saltyboot! You got it!

1. Clarice was the only reindeer who stood by Rudolph when the others made fun of his nose.

2. Her father didn't want her dating a misfit reindeer.

3. When she, Donner, and Mrs. Donner went looking for Rudolph, they ended up trapped in the Bumble's cave. And of course, Bumbles bounce.

Take it away, Saltyboot. :)
  2. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Here I go.

I am an orphan living in a cruel world.
    I am human, but my only friends are animals.
    I didn't experience kindness from other people until the end.
  3. emeraldisle

Well, I guess I'll answer. It's Aaron, from "The Little Drummer Boy."

1. H e was orphaned after his parents were killed by bandits. Ben Haramed and Ali, the men who later kidnapped him, and forced him to perform in their show, were cruel and ruthless. Plus, Aaron decided to hate all people.

2. His only friends were Joshua the camel, Samson the donkey, and Bim Baa Baa the lamb.

3. He didn't experience kindness until Bim Baa Baa was injured and close to death. In desperation, he turned to the Magi for help, but they advised him to seek help from the newborn baby Jesus. The infant did heal the lamb, and save him from death. Only then did Aaron realize hate was wrong.
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. saltyboot

That's correct emeraldisle! And the turn is now yours.
  5. emeraldisle

Thanks, Saltyboot. After several possible characters, I decided on this one:

1. I'm very ill at the beginning of the special.

2. I get an unexpected gift from a rodent who sings about wanting a hula hoop.

3. Not only do I recover from my ailment, I get to see my friend and his brothers perform at Carnegie Hall, and even join them on stage.
  6. emeraldisle

Guess I didn't make the clues easy enough, so here are the last three:

4. The present I get is a small musical instrument that needs to be replaced in a big hurry.

5. My friend's good deed leads to a temporary misunderstanding.

6. A phone call from my mom sets the record straight.
  7. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Ah! 'tis Tommy, from A Chipmunk Christmas!
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. emeraldisle

Yes, Pete. It's Tommy Waterford. Now to explain the clues:

1. At the beginning of "A Chipmunk Christmas," poor Tommy is very ill, with a slim chance of recovering before Christmas.

2. He gets a present from Alvin, who sang about wanting a hula hoop in the Christmas classic "The Chipmunk Song." This tune is also sung in the special.

3. He recovers just in time to see the Chipmunks perform their Christmas gig at Carnegie Hall, and joins them onstage as a guest of honor.

4. Alvin gives him his harmonica as a present, but then finds out he's expected to play it at the show. He, Simon, and Theodore desperately try to raise money for a new one.
    Thankfully, Santa's wife lends a hand.

5. Due to the Chipmunks' efforts to prevent Dave from finding out about the harmonica, Mr. Seville mistakenly believes Alvin is being greedy and selfish.

6. Luckily, Mrs. Waterford calls Dave to tell him the harmonica helped make Tommy well again.

So feel free to take your well-deserved turn, Pete. Great job. :)

Incidentally, my reason for choosing this character is that 55 years ago at this time, "The Chipmunk Song" was on the charts, and just a week away from hitting #1.
  9. peterhale

How about this character...

1) I'm the good-looking one.

2) One Christmas a fake Santa got us to fight each other.

3) Another Christmas we were chased by a dog.
  10. emeraldisle

This time, I'm really stumped. Someone else knows this character, I'm sure.
  11. saltyboot

I sure don't know this one. Off to more research.
  12. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Being Jewish, I actually don't know very much in regards to Christmas specials--this one sounds pretty weird if you ask me.
    Also, while I knew the previous one was a character from Alvin and the Chipmunks--I was unsure of which one-or even which series for that matter.
  13. peterhale

Let's shed more light...

4) We appeared in 23 shorts and a TV series.

5) In both the Christmas-themed shorts mentioned we are drawn indoors by the Christmas tree - in the second case, literally.

6 We made 3 shorts under our own banner, including one where we compete for the affections of a nightclub singer.
  14. emeraldisle

I know it now, but since I've had too many turns lately, I'll let someone else answer.
  15. peterhale

It occurs to me on reflection that clue one is not as helpful as it should be, since both characters would claim this!
    Perhaps 1) I'm the sensible one. would be better.
  16. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

I'm gonna guess Chip from "Chip and Dale." Or perhaps both? It's not very clear whether it's one or the other, with the exception of clue number one.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. emeraldisle

Actually, Dale's already on the Used Character list.
    • Like Like x 1
  18. peterhale

FluidGirl's first guess is correct! it is Chip, from Chip 'n' Dale.

1) Since Dale was progressively styled as the goofier one - bigger nose, wide-spaced teeth, unruly hair - Chip is left as the more dapper chipmunk. He is also the more practical one. (And of course, as Emeraldisle points out, Dale has already been used.)

2) In Toy Tinkers Donald, dressed as Santa, gives them presents of differing sizes - this causes strife between the chipmunks, allowing Donald to capture them (temporarily)!

3) In Pluto's Christmas Tree.

4) 2 Plutos, 2 Mickey Mouses, 16 Donald Ducks and 3 Chip 'n' Dales, and the TV series Chip 'n' Dale Rescue Rangers. I overlooked the fact that they were also in Mickey's Christmas Carol.

5) When Donald cuts down a tree they follow him out of curiosity; Pluto actually chases them into the tree that Mickey chops down.

6) 3 Chip 'n' Dale shorts, including Two Chips and a Miss where they compete for the attentions of Clarice.

Well spotted, FluidGirl - your turn!
  19. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

I don't have a Christmas themed one for you guys, sorry. But anyway . . . . .

1. I appear in at least four shorts

2. My most famous appearance was with a mouse and a dog

3. I'm an animal that can usually be found at the circus, in the zoo, and in the arctic (which is where I'm first scene in my shorts)
  20. Glowworm

Glowworm Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

Is this the seal from "Mickey and the Seal?" I'm not sure of any of the other shorts the little guy is in--but I am certain that this is him.

Oh yeah, I just discovered that the little guy has a name--Salty the seal.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.