1. Big Cartoon Forum

You WIll Need To Reset Your Password!!!

We just moved hosts on this system, and this has caused a few updates. One is the way we encode and store the encoded passwords.

Your old passwords will NOT work. You will need to reset your password. This is normal. Just click on reset password from the log in screen. Should be smooth as silk to do...

Sorry for the hassle.

Dave Koch
  2. Big Cartoon Forum

Are You Just Hanging Out?

Just lurking? Join the club, we'd love to have you in the Big Cartoon Forum! Sign up is easy- just enter your name and password.... or join using your Facebook account!

Membership has it's privileges... you can post and get your questions answered directly. But you can also join our community, and help other people with their questions, You can add to the discussion. And it's free! So join today!

Dave Koch
  3. Big Cartoon Forum

Other Side Of Maleficent

I have been looking forward to Maleficent with equal amounts of anticipation and dread. On one hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, so cold and so pure, and I want desperately to see more of her and her back-story. On the other hand, she is easily my favorite Disney villain, and I would hate to see her parodied, taken lightly or ultimately destroyed in a film that does not understand this great character. The good news is that this film almost gets it right; but that is also the bad news.

4. Big Cartoon Forum

BCDB Hits 150K Entries

It took a while, but we are finally here! The Big Cartoon DataBase hit the milestone of 150,000 entries earlier today with the addition of the cartoon The Polish Language. This film was added to BCDB on May 9th, 2014 at 4:23 PM.

5. Big Cartoon Forum

Warner Brings Back Animated Stone-Age Family

Funnyman Will Ferrell and partner Adam McKay are working on bringing back everyone’s favorite stone-age family. The duo’s production company Gary Sanchez Productions is in development on a new Flintstones animated feature.

6. Big Cartoon Forum

Disney To Feast In France

The follow up to Disney’s 2013 Academy Award Winning short Paperman has been announced, and it will premiere at France’s Annecy International Animated Film Festival. Titled The Feast, the short looks to be based on the same stylized CG techniques used on last years Paperman, a more natural and hand-drawn look to computer animation.

7. Big Cartoon Forum

Renegades of Animation: Pat Sullivan

Pat Sullivan became famous worldwide for his creation of Felix the Cat. What most animation histories gloss over is Sullivan’s checkered past and longtime standing as a wildcat renegade. He didn’t follow the rules. And he made damn sure to fully protect his intellectual properties.

The Mystery Cartoon Character Game, ongoing.

Discussion in 'Free-For-All' started by oneuglybunny, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saltyboot

saltyboot A Moderating Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

And your guess will be correct! It is indeed Stormella.

Two elves destroyed her ice garden.
    Santa wouldn't hand them over to her.
    She threatened to make a storm if anyone crosses her bridge.

You're up.
  2. FluidGirl

FluidGirl Moderator Staff Member Forum Member New Member

Sorry it took so long to check in. I've been busy. My brain is completely fried right now, so I'll come up with a new character tomorrow, so I can give my brain a chance to recharge.
  3. FluidGirl

Sorry for taking so long, it's been a crazy week, and next week is going to be even crazier. No Yuletide characters for me, I'm sorry to say.

1. I'm my franchise's resident ballerina
    2. I premiered in my franchise's third special, but didn't get a speaking role until the fourth
    3. My name can be considered a slang term for the British
  4. saltyboot

I'm not having any luck. I'll wait till the next set of clues.
  5. emeraldisle

emeraldisle Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

So will I. This one has me baffled with a capital B.
  6. FluidGirl

Ugh. I was hoping you guys would get it. I had a hard time coming up with these first clues to begin with. Okay, I'll see if I can drag out some more.

4. It's back to FG's toy box for this character
    5. I share my last name with a 1960's girl group
    6. Think about the color green
  7. emeraldisle

I'll have to look up all the girl groups of the sixties for the right answer.
  8. oneuglybunny

oneuglybunny Moderator Staff Member Forum Member

Okay, I'll bite: methinks this is Lime Chiffon from the Strawberry Shortcake franchise. Lime is a pale green color. Though, in fairness, it's only early British sailors that came to be known as "limeys," since limes were plentiful along their trade routes, and these citrus fruits were critical in averting scurvy among crewmen who would be at sea for months at a time. :)
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. saltyboot

OK, this is a complete guess but I'll say Alice Bridgette Nimbletoes from Angelina Ballerina.
  10. FluidGirl

OUB, you got it. It's Lime Chiffon, from the Strawberry Shortcake franchise. As for the "limey" thing, I just knew it was slang for Brits, I had no idea where it originally came from, or why they were called that. Anyway, you're turn.
  11. oneuglybunny

Sweet, a right answer, after such a drought. Now to think up another worthwhile character. Hmm ... okay, he'll do.

1) This character occurs in a regularly televised animated series, and is one of the title characters. His series is no longer airing, as far as I know.

2) Drawing conclusions from incomplete data is called "fuzzy logic." This character comes to conclusions from faulty or dead wrong data, which tends to qualify as "fluffy logic." This reasoning often gets this character and his associate into peculiar adventures.

3) This character has a close associate, one that seems to know better, but instead goes along with this character and his fluffy logic, presumably because nothing better comes to mind. :wacky:
  12. emeraldisle

I thought of several possible right answers, but fear they may turn out to be my own fluffy logic. So I'll let someone else figure it out.
  13. peterhale

peterhale Moderator Staff Member I SUPPORT BCDB!

I too can think of a few contenders, but I'm going to make a stab at it. (Or should I say: a shot in the dark!)
    I think it is the Inspector, from the DePatie-Freleng cartoons.
  14. oneuglybunny

Ooh, that answer of The Inspector is oh-so-very close, to the point where I debate awarding it as correct. Clearly, PeterHale has a perfect grasp of the characters' interplay: a Dumb And Dumber mechanism, which is a wellspring of comic material. The one tiny fault in this answer lies in "The Inspector" names only the one character; his loyal attendant / padawan Deux Deux isn't mentioned in the title. So what we are seeking is The Inspector + Sergeant Deux Deux, but with both characters acknowledged in the series' title.
  15. emeraldisle

Well, I have an idea now. But I'm not absolutely sure about it, so I think more clues are needed.
  16. oneuglybunny

Verily, I meant to do it this morning, but Real Life is filled with Urgency. Time to wrap up this puppy:

4) This character isn't human. Obviously. He speaks well enough to be understood; at least, understood by the audience.

5) Like many characters, this one has a phobia: a morbid fear of something that goes beyond reason. Which is especially weird, since one would expect it'd be the other way 'round.

6) Between this character and his close associate, the associate does less than 5% of the talking. Which makes this character a Motor Mouth.
  17. emeraldisle

The words "Wrap up this puppy" indicate it's a dog. Unfortunately, none of the dogs I thought of match every single clue. So I rate this one a 10 on the toughie scale.
  18. FluidGirl

I think I've got it. It's the little dog from "2 Stupid Dogs."

1. "2 Stupid Dogs" was an animated series

2. I don't have the slightest idea, sorry.

3. The show starred a big dog and a little dog, and both were pretty stupid (hence the title)

4. Self explanitory, I'd say

5. The little dog is afraid of cats, and it should be the other way around

6. The little dog talks quite a lot, and the big dog doesn't.

It was clue five that clued me in, actually.
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. oneuglybunny

Yay, FluidGirl, that's the puppy precisely! This is every inch Little Dog from Hanna-Barbera's 2 Stupid Dogs series. Little Dog has a tendency to come up with some hare-brained ideas, based on "facts" that are flawed at best to AOB wrong at worst: hence, fluffy logic. It's especially amusing to see Big Dog take in the entire thought process, and go along with it purely on faith that it'll somehow work out right. And FluidGirl keyed in on Little Dog's morbid fear of cats, the sight on one causing him to squeak and lock up. Then Big Dog gives a token "woof" and the cat squeaks and locks up. This is one of my fave series. :D

Collect another well-earned +1, FluidGirl, and launch your goodly Mystery Character at us. :)
  20. FluidGirl

OK, I think I have an interesting one. Hopefully it won't take more than three, because I think I'll only be able to come up with three

1. I appear in only one episode of the series, and it was a Christmas episode
    2. I'm the pet of one of the episode's antagonists (who is also a one-shot)
    3. There are ghosts involved, but my master isn't the culprit
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.